Today, Lightword Games, creators of Word Search by POWGI and Epic Word Search, announced a new game.
Word Puzzles by POWGI is a game headed to the 3DS. It currently has no release date, although the developer says that it will be out later this year. The game does, however, have a ton of new details such as the fact that it’ll support all amiibo! According to the developer that means ” every single every figure, toy and card, now and in the future! ”
Here’s the game’s press release (via Lightwood Games PR):
” Lightwood Games announces new word puzzle game – in fact, six of them! – for Nintendo 3DS™
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 2nd November, 2015
Stoke-on-Trent, UK – Lightwood Games is excited to announce their next title on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. “Word Puzzles by POWGI” is expected later this year. Word Puzzles by POWGI contains six different pen-and-paper style word puzzles which are solved using the stylus and intuitive touch-screen controls. Featuring hundreds of expertly hand-crafted word puzzles, and with a firm focus on the content, it’s a no-fluff puzzle variety pack that’s ready to play whenever you are.
As well as solving the included puzzle content, players can unlock special, custom content by touching an amiibo™. Each figure generates a unique personalised puzzle containing its nickname.
The puzzles included are:
• Word Maze – Like a wiggly word search! Find the words and solve the maze!
• Mixups – A fiendishly difficult anagram puzzle with three words all jumbled together!
• One Word – The word search puzzle where there’s only one word to find!
• Flowers – Plant pairs of letters around the flower to grow six words with a common middle!
• Circles – Three overlapping circles hide three connected words. Find the missing letter to unscramble them all!
• Crossovers – Crossword puzzles with only one letter missing, which come together to solve a clue!
Word Games are Lightwood’s speciality. It is the developer behind Word Party, a series of competitive word puzzle mini-games, for Wii U™, set for release in November. The firm has also worked on a number of other titles in collaboration with POWGI, and several mobile apps. Word Search by POWGI was released on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U in April 2015. Word Search Party has been downloaded nearly two million times on iPhone and iPad. POWGI – Puzzle On Word Games, Inc – is a puzzle content publisher based in Las Vegas, Nevada. More examples of the puzzle types included in this game can be found at http://www.powgi.com. ”
Source: Lightwood Games PR