Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has received an unannounced patch tonight containing various bug-fixes (Quite a major one actually).
The update fixes the major bug that affected the Mii Characters in the game, which effectively made them not display any facial animations. The patch also fixes one of Inkling Girl’s trick gestures which could be interpreted as an obscene gestures in several parts of the world.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
And here is a comparison of the Inkling Girl animation before the patch and after the patch, courtesy of NeoGAF.